NFID Travel Policy
1. WorldTravelService® will handle all transportation arrangements for authorized travelers. The NFID representative is Brenda Stanton, who is available Monday through Friday from 9 AM–5:30 PM ET at 800-892-6470 x1402 (outside the US, call 1-703-620-3001 x1402) or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. She will be given approval by NFID to purchase all tickets.
You must obtain pre-approval from NFID staff to purchase air/rail tickets directly. The cost of the ticket must be comparable to the ticket that would be provided by WorldTravelService® in order to be reimbursed for the total cost of the ticket. Please note that no US Federal funds will be used to support travel.
2. AIR TRAVEL: Only non-refundable economy class airfare will be reimbursed by NFID. Flights must be booked at least four weeks prior to travel. If this requirement is not met, travelers will be reimbursed only for the estimated airfare for a comparable flight, as determined by the NFID travel agent. Current pricing structures may allow for substantial savings if travelers stay over on Saturday/Sunday night. NFID will cover the associated lodging and per diem costs associated with an additional nights stay provided the total cost is less than what airfare would have cost without the Saturday/Sunday stay. International travelers are encouraged to use a US carrier unless airfare on the international carrier is materially less than that of a domestic carrier. Change fees or penalties are the responsibility of the traveler and will not be reimbursed by NFID. Fees for preferred/premium seats, checked baggage, flight changes/transfers, and flight insurance will not be reimbursed by NFID and are the responsibility of the traveler.
3. RAILWAY TRAVEL: Travel by railway may be utilized, using the most direct route, and should not exceed the least expensive air travel available, as determined by the NFID travel agent.
4. TRAVEL BY PERSONAL AUTOMOBILE: Automobile mileage will be reimbursed at the current government rate per mile, not to exceed the least expensive air travel via the most direct economy air route, as determined by the NFID travel agent. Actual mileage driven must be provided on the travel expense reimbursement form, with departure city and arrival location clearly indicated
5. OTHER GROUND TRANSPORTATION EXPENSES: Other reasonable expenses such as parking, taxi or ride shares (Uber/Lyft), and public transportation incurred at point of departure or return only, will be reimbursed provided copies of original receipts are submitted. Use of limousines or private car services will only be reimbursed if the cost is less than other available modes of transportation or if a valid business reason precludes the use of a more economical mode of transportation. Car rentals and related parking expenses will only be reimbursed with prior approval by NFID staff.
1. Hotel rooms may be paid by NFID through a direct billing arrangement with the hotel. Room and tax will be charged to the NFID master account. Any incidental charges incurred during your stay (e.g., use of mini-bar, gift shop, restaurant, telephone calls, movies, fitness center, internet access) will not be reimbursed by NFID. The hotel may request credit card information upon check-in in order to cover incidental charges.
2. NFID will provide information to approved travelers for booking authorized hotel stays. If your plans change, you must contact NFID or the hotel immediately to avoid any unnecessary charges.
MEALS AND INCIDENTAL EXPENSES
1. Reimbursement will be provided up to a maximum per diem of $76, with no receipts required. This is designed to cover the cost of meals and incidental expenses such as non-meal tips while traveling. Current per diem rates are:
NFID will not reimburse amounts over the per diem rate per meal.
2. The $76 total/day per diem will be reduced by the cost of the meals which the traveler does not have to purchase while traveling. The restriction includes both meals which are furnished by NFID as well as meals not required due to timing of travel.
1. A Travel Expense Reimbursement Form will be provided to all approved travelers. The completed form must be submitted to NFID within 30 days after travel is completed. If you are not requesting reimbursement, please notify NFID staff. You may wish to donate all or a portion of your reimbursement to NFID. If you choose to make a donation, please clearly indicate the donation amount on the expense form.
2. Complete the form using the instructions provided on the form. Provide receipts as required. Receipts for per diem expenses are not required.
3. Submit NFID Travel Expense Reimbursement Form with corresponding receipts to NFID within 30 days after travel is completed. NFID will not reimburse for expenses older than 45 days.
4. Note that US government employees must submit all travel expenses including per diem for non-provided meals, ground transportation, and any necessary incidental expenses incurred during travel directly to their agency for reimbursement. No Federal funds will be used to support travel.
5. Contact NFID with any questions or for clarification of this policy.
Updated June 2019