2016 NFID Awards Nomination Form
Honoring Scientific and Public Health Achievement, Legislative Contributions, and Philanthropy
Maxwell Finland Award for Scientific Achievement
Named for Maxwell Finland, MD, a distinguished scholar and scientist who pioneered work in epidemiology and antimicrobial resistance and helped define the discipline of infectious diseases as we know it today, the award recognizes scientists who have made outstanding contributions to the understanding of infectious diseases and public health. Selection criteria include:
- Excellence in clinical and/or research activities;
- Participation in the training of future leaders in the field; and
- Positive impact on global public health (domestic and/or international activities)
Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter Humanitarian Award
Established in 1997 by the NFID Board of Directors to honor those individuals whose outstanding humanitarian efforts and achievements have contributed significantly to improving global public health, through domestic and/or international activities. Selection criteria include:
- Legislative or administrative contributions;
- Humanitarian service; and/or
- Public education activities
Note: Nominations will only be considered for the awards year in which they are submitted.
All 2016 award nominations must be submitted online by June 30, 2015.